Volunteer with ACE
There are many ways to get involved! Volunteer, deepen your knowledge, coordinate a service project for your group, help out in the office or serve on ACE’s board or committees. Check out the events listings for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Organize a Service Project for Your Company, Group, Troop or Church!
We would be happy to organize an event for your group! Whether you are a’ service organization or club, a scout group or a business looking for a workplace-building event for your employees, volunteering can help bring cohesion and a sense of purpose.
ACE regularly coordinates stream cleanups, invasive plant removals, highway cleanups, and storm drain markings and will connect the dots between your efforts and the bigger picture. Contact us to schedule an event today!
With a small staff, we are able to multiply our impact through the help of individuals who volunteer to help take the lead. Contact us if you’re interested in any of these opportunities.
- Lead volunteer events: stream and highway cleanups, storm drain marking, and invasive plant removals.
- Outreach: staff a table representing ACE at festivals, fairs, and farmers’ markets.
- Office projects: website updates, organizing mailings and data entry.
- Serve on the board or a committee.
If you are interested in volunteering with ACE on an ongoing basis, please take a moment to complete our online volunteer application. You will be added to a list to be notified when volunteer opportunities that match your skills an interests become available.
Join ACE-trained Energy Masters in performing energy and water efficiency improvements’ in affordable housing apartments in Arlington and Alexandria. We are looking for volunteers to visit tenants to collect information ahead of work crews, assist with supply organization, and serve as supply runners.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Dates for 2016:
- Saturday, February 6th – Arlington
- Saturday, March 5th – Alexandria
- Saturday, April 2nd – Alexandria
Contact us to sign up!
Arlington Transit has launched Adopt-a-Stop to join Solid Waste’s Adopt-a-Street program in an effort to help keep Arlington County a beautiful and clean place to live, work, and visit! Adopt-a-Stop relies on community partners to help maintain bus stops throughout the County. Find out more about how to Adopt-a-Stop or Adopt-a-Street.
Help protect our watersheds and keep Arlington County parks beautiful. There are several monthly invasive plant removal events sponsored by Arlington County Invasive Plant Program. For more information and to register, email Sarah Archer or call 703-228-1862. See a map of these locations.
- First Saturdays @ Haley Park
- Second Saturdays @ Lacey Woods Park
- Second Sundays @ Gulf Branch Nature Center
- Third Saturdays @ Tuckahoe Park
- Third Sundays @ Long Branch
- Fourth Saturdays @ Benjamin Banneker Park