Green Home and Garden Tour 2016
Join us for the 14th Annual Green Home and Garden Tour on Sunday, June 5, 2016.
What does it mean to have a â€œGreen Homeâ€ and how does it improve the environment? More Arlington residents are realizing the benefits of environmentally friendly homes and yards through their participation in Arlington Countyâ€™s Green Home Choice and StormwaterWise Landscapes programs. Join ACEÂ by bike or car as we take you inside Arlington homes and gardens that feature energy efficient technologies, solar elements, water saving technologies, native plants, rain gardens, rain barrels, wildlife habitats, and more.
Hereâ€™s what some of last yearâ€™s tour participants had to say:Â
â€œCongratulations â€“ and thank you for organizing the Garden and Home Tour. We loved it and want to commend you. The event was well organized. The hosts were kind and informative and so generous by opening their homes to all of us. We were very impressedâ€¦â€Â
â€œWe really want rain barrels and this helped us see them in action. Again, kudos, and I hope you have this event next year. We are glad to be members of ACE.â€
Our Green Home and Garden Tour shows highlights the benefits of going â€œgreen.â€Â The tour will include a mixture of new green homes, green renovations, and watershed-friendly gardens from Arlington County’s Green Home Choice and StormwaterWise Landscapes programs.
Join us to …
- Tour local green homes and environmentally-friendly gardens.
- Talk with local residents about their experiences greening their homes and making their yards more watershed-friendly.
- Pick up resources with ideas for your own yard and home.
The 2016 Green Home and Garden Tour is sponsored by ACE, Arlington County Department of Environmental Services, and BikeArlington. Hereâ€™s how you can get involved.
- A $5 per person donation for the tour is suggested, payable onlineÂ or at the first location you visit.Â All proceeds from the tour go to ACE to benefit environmental stewardship programs in Arlington.
- Choose from a self-guided or a guided cycling tour.Â The tour by bike begins and ends at the W-L parking deck over I-66.
Enjoy each garden at your own pace. Make your $5 donation onlineÂ Â or donate by cash or check at the first site you visit.
Guided CyclingÂ Tour
As part of the Guided Cycling Tour led by BikeArlington, you’ll ride from stop to stop (starting/finishing point will be at the Washington-Lee High School parking deck over I-66). The bike tour will include a selection of homes that feature sustainable building and living practices with new construction and renovation projects. A map and cue sheet will be available at the tour and BikeArlington is providing some nice giveaways for participants.