Support ACE’s Energy Efficiency Education Program
You can make a difference!
“Donations to ACE’s Energy Efficiency Education Program help low-income Arlington families and reduce our carbon footprint.”
Elenor Hodges, executive director, ACE
Donations are being accepted to help provide for as many energy saving improvements as possible per apartment unit.
To arrange a drop off for your energy program donation or if you have questions, please contact us at [email protected] or 703-228-6406.
We designated the value of some of the items below to show you what your energy program donation can cover. Please see the list of desired items below. Tax-deductible, monetary contributions that will be used to purchase supplies for the apartment retrofits are also accepted via credit card online or a check made out to ACE mailed to 3308 S. Stafford St., Arlington, VA. 22206. To pay with credit card please click the Donate button below.
Requested supply donations:
- Old t-shirts (to be cut up and used as rags)
- Caulk guns
(We have plenty of the cheap $3 models, but some higher quality’ models (i.e. $12 -$ 15 models) would make our volunteers more efficient)
- Smart Strips
(Which stay on for routers and cable boxes and outlets which turn off to reduce phantom energy use.)
- 1.5 or 1.75 gpm shower heads – Niagara or Sava brand massaging types are preferred
(A donation of $5 will cover the cost of one shower head.)
- Latex or nitrile gloves – medical or food service grade
- Small screwdrivers
- Cans of spray foam
- Scrapers, putty knives, or box cutters – new or used
- Foam water pipe insulation
- Plastic or cloth drop cloths
- Brushes for cleaning refrigerator coils and HVAC vents