ACE Events and Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in volunteering with ACE on an ongoing basis? Then please take a moment to complete our volunteer application. The application enables us to collect information about your skills and interests so that we are better able the match you with our volunteer needs leading to a more fulfilling experience for all. We’ll send you notices about upcoming volunteer events and opportunities that might be a good fit. Please complete the application today!
- EVENT: Get to Know ACE Social: Networking and Information Session – Wednesday, 1/14
- EVENT: How to Go Solar as a Co-op: Arlington Solar Co-op Final Info Session – Thursday, 1/15
- VOLUNTEER: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service Park and Stream Cleanup – Monday, 1/19
- ONGOING VOLUNTEER: Adopt-a-Street Program
Get To Know ACE Social: Networking and Information Session
Date and Time: Wednesday, January 14th, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Location: Whole Foods, 2700 Wilson Blvd., Arlington 22201
Sure, you’ve heard of ACE. You may have even volunteered with or donated to ACE. But, have you ever wondered about what makes this tiny non-profit organization with a huge environmental impact tick?
Join us for a fun and informative social event where you can …
- Network with ACE staff, board members, long-term volunteers and environmental professionals
- Learn more about this powerhouse non-profit and our efforts to protect open spaces, preserve water quality, and promote energy efficiency
- Enjoy light food refreshments
Who should participate? Individuals who …
- Are interested in learning more about the ACE board and potential board service
- Want to support ACE’s efforts by serving on a committee such as communications, development, etc.
- Represent organizations that may want to partner with or sponsor ACE or ACE programs, such as Arlington Energy Masters
- Want to increase their level of involvement with ACE by leading service projects and/or special programs.
- Want to help grow our environmental stewards of tomorrow by teaching environmental and energy programs to Arlington students
What you’ll gain …
- Insight into Arlington’s premiere environmental organization, it’s efforts in and impact our community
- A chance to chat with existing board and committee members and other volunteers and learn why they serve and if it might be a good fit for you
- Opportunity to network with professionals in the environmental, energy, and sustainability fields
Light refreshments included. All registered participants will receive a complimentary drink ticket redeemable for wine, beer or a soft drink at the bar.
If you’ve ever been curious about ACE, serving on our board, or volunteering at a higher level, please save the date and plan to join us!
How to Go Solar as a Co-op: Arlington Solar Co-op Final Info Session
Thursday, January 15
Navy League Building: 2300 Wilson Blvd, Arlington 22201
This Arlington Solar Co-ops part of a local, grass roots effort organized by Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment(ACE), the Arlington Initiative to Rethink Energy (AIRE) and Virginia SUN (a program of Community Power Network), a local non-profit that helps communities go solar
How it works
Based on the same principle as buying in bulk, the group will go through the process of going solar together by selecting a single installer. Each participant signs an individual contract with the chosen installer, but all participants get the group discount. Learn more.
About this workshop
This workshop is intended for Arlington residents interested in going solar as a group and saving money on the total cost of a solar system.
Participants will learn about:
- how solar technology works
- the benefits of going solar as a group
- how a solar co-op works and the cost savings available to participants by going through a single installer
- the support available to guide homeowners through the process of going solar
Who should attend?
Homeowners, and their neighbors, who:
- are ready to go solar (or are on the verge) and want to learn more about the benefits of the co-op approach
- are interested in joining a solar co-op
Sign up to attend today, and then invite your neighbors to do the same!
MLK Day of Service
Celebrate MLK Day by joining fellow ACE volunteers and community members to clean up trash along the streams and throughout Barcroft Park. Help keep one of our favorite neighborhood spots trash free!
Supplies and snacks will be provided. This is one of our most popular clean up events of the year, so please register in advance. Sign up today!
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities