ACE Events and Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in volunteering with ACE on an ongoing basis? Then please take a moment to complete our volunteer application. The application enables us to collect information about your skills and interests so that we are better able the match you with our volunteer needs leading to a more fulfilling experience for all. We’ll send you notices about upcoming volunteer events and opportunities that might be a good fit. Please complete the application today!
- VOLUNTEER: Become an Energy Efficiency & Water Conservation Guru
- EVENT: ACE at the George Mason Student Welcome Fair
- VOLUNTEER: Join the Recycling Task Force
- VOLUNTEER: Participate in the EcoPop Party Posse Planning Meeting
- VOLUNTEER: Join us at the Four Mile Run Cleanup
- EVENT: Visit ACE at Clarendon Day
- EVENT: Participate in the 2015 Parks and Natural Resources County Board Candidates Forum
- VOLUNTEER: Adopt-a-Street Program
VOLUNTEER (long term):
Dates and Times:
Wednesdays, September 30 through November 4, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Saturday, October 24, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (No class on 10/28)
Fairlington Community Center, 3308 S. Stafford Street, Arlington
Modeled after the successful master gardeners training program, the award-winning Energy Masters program trains corps of volunteers in energy efficiency and water conservation techniques and in community education and outreach. Once trained, volunteers contribute 40 hours of community service over the course of a year, at which point they become certified. Apply by August 30th for a $5 discount on the registration fee. Learn more about our pathways for community and student (high school and college) volunteers.
Student and faculty … join ACE at the George Mason University Arlington Campus Welcome Fair, where we will share information about ACE, the Energy Masters training program and other volunteer opportunities. The event will feature “Restaurant Row,” where local restaurants will offer **free** food samples.
Location: Fairlington Community Center, 3308 S. Stafford Street, Room 103, Arlington
Interested in joining the recycling task force and contributing to community projects to improve recycling? This effort is part of a new initiative to support recycling at special events in Arlington in partnership with the Arlington County Solid Waste Bureau.
Members of the Recycling Task Force can download the Special Events Recycling form here.
Location: Pure Media Signs, 768 23rd Street S, Arlington
- engaging artists
- marketing the event
- organizing food and entertainment
- mapping and managing event logistics
Join us for the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways being held in conjunction with the International Coastal Cleanup and Clean Virginia Waterways Day. Groups, families, students, and individuals are welcome to join us!
Volunteers of all ages can help to remove trash and debris from Barcroft Park and along the stream and do a trash tally of items collected. This is a great volunteer opportunity for individuals, groups, troops and others.
Join us in the Resilient Arlington section of Clarendon Day where we will promote energy saving techniques and the solar co-op. Energy Masters will be on-hand to demonstrate how you can improve the energy efficiency and comfort of your home.
Sponsored by Arlington Parks Coalition, ACE, and TreeStewards
Arlington Trade Center, Conference Room, 2700 S. Taylor Street
- Future provision and expansion of parks, recreation and -community center services for a growing Arlington
- Stormwater management and watershed protection
- Air and water quality
- Natural amenities and spaces, including tree canopy, and perspectives on planning for them
- Expansion of public services such as schools, public safety services, housing affordability, and economic development, and your vision for how they relate to open space and natural resource protection.
ONGOING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES