2014 Northern Virginia Rain Barrel Registration
1. Attend a build your own rain barrel workshop
2. Purchase a pre-made barrel
Before you register for a rain barrel workshop, please keep in mind that:
- Prior registration is required for all workshops and distribution events, unless otherwise noted. Registration will close three days before the event date or when the workshop is full, whichever comes first.
- We must be able to contact you! Prior to workshops, important information is sent to registrants. If registering through PayPal please make sure your account’s email address is current. If paying by check make sure to include an email address.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancelled registrations or no shows. If you are unable to make the workshop or distribution for which you are registered, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-324-1428, TTY 711 immediately. We will do our best to reschedule you for a subsequent program. Only one opportunity to reschedule will be given.
Already have your barrel? These Rain Barrel Installation Instructions (PDF) will help you get your barrel ready to capture the rain.
Build Your Own Rain Barrels: Register for a Workshop – $55
At this workshop you will learn how to build, install and maintain a rain barrel, and take one home! Cost for a build your own barrel is $55 for each barrel with PayPal/credit card payment or by check. Limit 2 rain barrels per household at each workshop. Please be aware that your spot at the workshop is not confirmed until we receive payment. See bottom of page if paying by check.
Before you attend the workshop, download Things to Think About Before Installing Your Rain Barrel.
Rainwater collection can help you save water for use in your yard, eliminate potential flooding in your basement, and reduce stormwater management costs. Water running off your roof during a rainstorm can be a problem or a resource put to good use.
Since 2007, northern Virginia area residents have taken home 3,268 rain barrels through the Northern Virginia Rain Barrel Program. That’s a lot of rain barrels and a lot less runoff! Thanks for your support.
- Saturday, May 3, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Nannie J. Lee Memorial Recreation Center (Exhibit Hall)
1108 Jefferson Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Saturday, May 17, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Walker Nature Education Center
11450 Glade Drive, Reston, VA 20191
Pre-Made Barrels: Reserve for Pickup – $65
Choose this option if you would rather leave the dirty work to us and purchase as many barrels as you want. This option is slightly more expensive at $65 per rain barrel with PayPal/credit card payment or by check. See bottom of page if paying by check. You must show up at the date and time you register for to pick up your rain barrel.
Before you attend the distribution, download Things to Think About Before Installing Your Rain Barrel.
Note: To change the order quantity for Pre-Made Barrels, click the “Buy Now” button. The option will be on the left side of the page.
- Saturday, March 22, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. – REGISTRATION CLOSED
Falls Church Property Yard
7100 Gordons Rd., Falls Church, VA 22043
- Saturday, April 26, 11:00 a.m. – 2 – REGISTRATION CLOSED
During Free Green Living Expo!
George Mason University Founders Hall
3351 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA
Pay By Check
Make check payable to NVSWCD. Please use the rain barrel registration form. To enter in your information on the form, press “Insert” and type in the requested information. Print out the form and mail, along with your check, to:
Rain Barrel Program
Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District
12055 Government Center Pkwy, Suite 905
Fairfax, VA 22035
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 703-324-1428, TTY 711.
Thank you to all who are giving time and resources to this program. Northern Virginia Rain Barrel Program partner organizations and agencies include: Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment, Arlington County, City of Falls Church, Northern Virginia Soil & Water Conservation District, City of Alexandria, Fairfax County and Reston Association.