ACE Job Openings
POSITION TITLE: Arlington Energy Master Workday Coordinator
The workday coordinator will work closely with the program manager to facilitate energy efficiency and water conservation improvements in affordable housing developments in Arlington. The coordinator will also work with the resident services coordinator at housing partner facilities and will oversee the work of 25-35 Energy Masters volunteers on workdays.
Support the execution of the Arlington Energy Masters program. Duties may include:
- Attending at least three of five training sessions one evening per week October – November; details below.
- Coordinating workday activities on three workdays; dates and times below.
- Organizing and facilitate workday prep sessions held the week before a scheduled workday, including: recruiting volunteers to assist in prep session, taking inventory of supplies, stock supply bins, preparing print materials to be used by volunteers and distributed to tenants at work site.
- Coordinating logistics workday logistics in advance of and on the workday, including: working with resident services coordinator at housing partner to facilitate workday activities, scheduling units in which work will be completed, creating workday teams based on volunteer availability and create workday schedule in which teams are assigned to specific units.
- Maintaining current inventory of all program supplies; facilitate the ordering of supplies as needed.
Please note: the exact mix of responsibilities and requirements may change based on program needs and the skills of the
person we hire.
- Thursday, October 2 – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. ~ Introduction and Overview (Required)
- Thursday, October 9 – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. ~ Building Science*
- Thursday, October 16 – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. ~ Tenant and Community Education*
- Thursday, October 23 – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. ~ Typical Workday (Required)
- Saturday, November 1 – 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ~ Hands-on Training (Required)
* These trainings are optional/dependent on candidate’s background and skills.
MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO THE FOLLOWING DATES/TIMES:
- Saturday, November 8 – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 12 – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 12 – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
About you …
- You have solid supervisory and leadership skills and enjoy working with diverse populations
- You are highly organized, detail oriented, and thrive on logistical challenges
- You can efficiently juggle competing priorities and demands
- You are quick thinking and are able to diplomatically address problems and issues using sound judgment
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have experience, strong interest, and/or skills in energy and water conservation and weatherization
This is a fee-for-service contract, term-limited position with no benefits. Rate negotiable based on duties, skills, and experience.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.