ACE Job Openings
ACE provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age, or other status protected by law.
Tree Canopy Fund Technical Advisor
The advisor will provide the Arlington Tree Canopy Fund project with technical assistance, supporting the program manager and executive director of Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment. The advisor will also work with members of the Urban Forestry Commission.
The advisor must be available during business hours with the key tasks expected to be performed between mid-October through mid-January, although timing may vary depending on the landscape contractor. Typical planting sessions begin in the morning and we expect the advisor to observe several planting sessions, with exact scope to be determined.
- Inspect the landscape contractor’s proposed tree stock at the nursery and address issues with nursery stock,
- Oversee several planting sessions performed by the program’s landscape contractor’s crew and address issues that may arise as needed
- Other tasks as needed
We’re looking for someone with …
- a background in horticulture or forestry with an interest in urban trees
- solid knowledge about tree and root health and identifying potential issues with nursery stock
- a strong understanding of good tree planting techniques
- solid leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- an ability to efficiently and effectively resolve potential issues with nursery stock and /or planting process
- strong supervisory and organizational skills
This is a fee-for-service contract, term-limited position with no benefits. The contract will be for 25 hours.
If this sounds like it would be a good fit for you, email us with your resume and cover letter.
The web and social media volunteer will contribute to the development and implementation of a social media strategy for ACE.
Working closely with the program manager and ACE staff, the volunteer will provide critical support in managing a comprehensive digital strategy for our organization.
You will …
- Assist with the implementation of new web site template and the migration of content.
- Develop digital content including blog posts, press releases, and social media posts.
- Help monitor, grow, and enhance ACE’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, YouTube and (soon) Pinterest
- Assist with editorial calendar management
- Audit and update key contacts and media lists
- Assist with social media metrics reporting and analysis, etc
- Create a web-based media library by organizing and tagging existing photos and video for use in digital marketing campaigns
- Assist with the relaunch of website
We’re looking for someone with …
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience writing for the web and online platforms
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, WordPress, and Hootsuite.
- An interest in using social media to advance environmental efforts
Please email us about your interests and skill set. A resume would be helpful as well.